This land was originally owned by Sam and Clara Erickson. Sam and his six brothers: Nels, Chris, Eric, Lars, Ted, and Alberta, and two sisters: Ida and Tilda, came to the Killam area in 1905 from Westbrook, Minnesota. Sam and Clara had five children: Rolf, Harold, Ester, Wilfred, and Walter. Walter Erickson farmed the original homestead starting in 1947. The barn was built using frame construction and platform framing.
Comso Li moved the acreage in August of 2012. Upon arrival, they cleaned out the loft, created a cold room, covered some of the walls in plywood, and painted the eastern face red. They have used the barn for storage and as a work space since they arrived.
Li, Cosmo. Personal communication. 12 Jul. 2017.
52.769155, -111.892505 SE 12-44-14-W4
Barn Condition: Good
Construction Date: 1937
Features: Hay hood, hay track, hay carrier
Roof Shape: Gambrel
Paint: Red with white trim
Decorations: No names of dates
Roof Covering: Metal
Siding: Wooden shiplap